Endodontic Dental Services Mountain View // Root Canal Mountain View
No one wants to hear the words, “You need a root canal”. But keep in mind that the root canal procedure is a far better fate than a lost tooth. With today’s advanced root canal technology, the treatment is easier to endure than ever before.
At Dental Zone Mountain View, our experienced Dentists are dedicated to providing excellent endodontic care while maintaining high levels of personal service. What that means for you is that we will walk you through every step of the process, keep you informed, and make sure you are comfortable and relaxed during your time in our chair.
We Can Save Your Tooth
The root canals of each tooth house nerve tissue and dental pulp, which contain blood vessels that provide nourishment. When this tissue becomes infected, a tooth may be in danger of dying. Without a root canal, patients may experience severe swelling, bone loss, inflammation, toothache, darkening of the tooth, gum soreness, and drainage problems.
A root canal procedure is usually recommended after other dental treatment options have been considered. It is a treatment that is used to save a tooth from extraction, an absolute last-resort option at our practice. Root canals are common in cases where large cavities have done too much damage to fix with a tooth-colored filling or dental crown. They are also used in cases where a tooth infection is simply too invasive to control.
Steps of a Root Canal
Dental Zone Mountain View offers state-of-the-art endodontic treatment to Mountain View dental patients who need a solution to severe tooth damage right away.
• After a thorough X-ray session and evaluation, we can begin the root canal procedure. The first step in a root canal is to numb the area of the mouth being treated with local anesthesia.
• A rubber dam is placed over the tooth to isolate the treatment area.
• Next, our team will drill a small hole in the wall of the tooth.
• The tissue inside the tooth root, the nerve and pulp, are gently extracted using root canal files.
• The canals are then cleaned well, flushed with a special sterilizing solution, and sealed off.
• During the next visit, the empty root canal is filled with a rubber compound called gutta percha.
• We will add an onlay or inlay to the tooth, followed by a dental crown to protect the enamel.
If you are searching for a comprehensive dental team that can take care of all your family’s dental needs, please contact us at Dental Zone Mountain View our root canal services are performed with a high level of quality and attention to detail. Trust the dental center that truly cares about creating beautiful, healthy smiles for life.
Schedule An Appointment With Mountain View Dentist Dr. Khan
Meet Mountain View Endodontist Ghazela Khan DDS
I am committed to establishing a relationships of trust with my patients and referring dentists while providing efficient and excellent care” I received my Dental Degree from universality of California San Francisco in 2001.
Our Office Hours
Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Dental Services Mointain View